DIY Carwash - How to Clean and Detail Your Car
Cleaning and detailing your car are essential practices if you want to make sure that the value if your car doesn't depreciate. While a professional car servicing center can take care of cleaning and detailing your car for you, the best way to make sure your car gets an ideal car wash service is to do it yourself.
When you make sure that your car is in top shape, it will perform better, look better, and you will be able to sell it at a higher rate later on simply because you maintained your car really well. Cars that are not properly maintained have a lower appreciation rate. You should clean your car once a month, wax it once a season, and give it a full car detailing at least twice a year.
How Do You Wash And Detail Your Car?
If you don't wash and detail your car properly, you could risk removing protective layers that are on top of your car's paint. This is how you clean and detail your car:
- Use a microfibre cloth to wipe your car properly, even before your clean. With this cloth, make sure you properly wipe all surfaces, including your dashboard.
- Use proper equipment - such as car wax, all-purpose cleaners, and acid-free cleaners to make sure the job gets done as professionally as possible. Without the right equipment, you will not be able to make your car clean and shiny at the end. You will also need a clay bar and spray wax for the final layer of coating on your car.
- After you have wiped your car and all surfaces, you should use an all-purpose cleaner mixed with water to clean all surfaces. Use round concentric motions with your cloth for maximum efficiency. Use a specialized car window cleaner for a thorough cleanse.
- For the tires, you should focus on reading all the nooks and crannies and stop only when you are sure all surfaces have been attended to.
- After you clean your car, apply spray wax on surfaces outside and then use a clay bar to ensure that the surface looks polished.